1. There’s a 1 in 3 chance police will never identify your killer if you’re murdered in the US.
2. There are over 250,000 deaths a year due to medical error.
3. Over 80 million bacteria can be exchanged in one kiss.
4. The air you breathe in a train station is 15% human skin.
5. Speaking of skin, you’ll shed about 40 pounds of it in your lifetime.
6. There’s a jellyfish half the size of your pinkie that can kill you.
7. And there’s a brain-eating amoeba that lives in lakes and rivers of the southern United States.
8. Thomas Hargrove, a homicide archivist, estimates that there are over 2,000 serial killers at large right now.
9. 20% of children report hearing voices.
10. If the sun exploded right now, you wouldn’t know about it for another eight minutes.
11. Botflies are a type of insect whose larvae burrow under your skin.
12. Horned toads can squirt blood out of their eyes.
13. Oh, and some moths drink human blood.
14. When you die, your house cat is going to want to eat you.
15. Speaking of disturbing pet facts, dogs like squeaky toys because they mimic the screams of their prey.
16. The dead outnumber the living 15 to 1.
17. Fresh urine is cleaner than spit.
18. You swallow one to two cups of mucus every day.
19. On average, you secrete 26 gallons of sweat into your bed per year.
20. The average bed has between 100,000 and 10 million dust mites.
21. Finally, 20% of coffee mugs have traces of fecal matter on them.